miércoles, 3 de agosto de 2016

ADVERBS OF FREQUENCY

                    
  Kevin never comes to computer class.      He spends a lot of time with his friends from
                                                                            the soccer team.



How often do you usally exercise?    I lift weights every day.
                                                           I go jogging about once a week.
                                                           I play basketball twice a month.
                                                           I exercise about three times a year
                                                           I don`t exercise very often.


Do you ever watch television in the evening?     Yes, I almost always watch TV after dinner.
                                                                              I sometimes watch TV before bed.
                                                                              I seldom watch TV in the evening.
                                                                              No, I never watch TV


We use adverbs of frequency to talk about how often we do something. We place them:

* Before the main verb. Ex:  John often plays football on Saturdays

* After the verb BE.  Ex: She is never late for school.



ACTIVITIES

1. Complete the dialogue with the present simple of the verbs in parentheses.

A: What ______________________________ (you / usually / do ) in your free time?
B: I __________________________ ( usually / spend ) time with my friends. They ______________________ ( sometimes / come ) to my house  and we _________________( watch) TV or ______________________ (listen) to music together. ____________________ (you / spend ) time with your friends?
A: Not really. My wife ____________________ (always / go ) to the gym in the afternoon and I _________________ ( surf ) the Internet, so we ____________________ ( not / see) our friends very much.


2. Put the adverbs in the correct place. Then practice with a partner.

A: What do you do on Saturdays morning ? ( usually)
B: Nothing much. I sleep until noon. (almost always)



A: How often do you play sports? (usually)
B: I go out with my classmates. (about three times a week)


A: How often do you exercise? (usually)
B: I exercise. (seldom)

Taken from American Channel Elementary
                                                                      

http://easyglobalenglish.blogspot.com.co/2012/05/short-dialogue-11-adverbs-of-frequency.html

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario